We are seeking an enthusiastic accountant to join our team. The person in this role is responsible for preparing and reviewing clients’ financial statements, tax returns, and complying with clients’ statutory filing requirements. In addition, this position may be responsible for the development and supervision of junior accounting staff. He/She must have the ability to meet deadlines, have excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to work in a team environment.
We, in turn, are able to offer a flexible and supportive working environment for all our team members.
Applicants for this position should have at least one year of Canadian Public Practice experience and must be fluent in English.
Major tasks & duties:
- Prepare year-end financial statements and related working papers for review and compilation engagements
- Review year-end financial statements for compilation engagements
- Prepare/review Corporate and Personal income tax returns; Trust, Not-for Profit, and other information returns and schedules
- Perform follow up with clients and Canada Revenue Agency
- Income tax research and other manager/partner support
- Train and supervise junior and intermediate accounting staff
- Attend client meetings with senior level staff and partners
- Prepare transmittal documentation
Qualifications & experience:
- Education: CPA designation or Senior CPA student
- Experience: Minimum one year of experience in public practice firm
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please no phone calls or faxes.
Only those candidates selected will be notified.