Lawson & Coleman CPA is looking for a full-time staff accountant who can join our team and provide exceptional accounting services to our clients.
Just like us, you are driven by excellence. You can see the big picture while understanding that it’s the little things that contribute to the quality of the work you present. You don’t wait around for work to come to you. You are the person who asks, “What can I do to help?” and then takes action to ensure success. You are outgoing, proactive and willing to put in some elbow grease to ensure the work gets done well, on time, and on budget.
- Prepare year-end financial statements and related working papers for review and compilation engagements
- Prepare corporate and personal income tax returns; Trust, Not-for-Profit, and other information returns and schedules
- Government remittances - including GST, PST, and WCB
- Full cycle bookkeeping for private corporations
- Prepare client’s payroll
- Prepare transmittal documentation
- Excellent knowledge of Excel/Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime in the months of March and April
- Patient and calm - able to communicate with colleagues/clients, ensuring their needs are met
- Exceptional team player with experience working in a team setting
Public practice experience and/or proficiency in Caseware, Profile, Sage50, and Quickbooks/Quickbooks online would be an asset.
We offer a flexible and supportive working environment for all our team members with opportunities to grow and acquire the necessary work experience to obtain an accounting designation.
Interviews will be set up as soon as qualified candidates have been identified, so if you are interested, please apply now. We would like to have our new team member on board as soon as possible.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 25, 2019.
**Please no phone calls or faxes**
Only those candidates selected will be notified.