Lawson & Coleman CPA is looking for a full-time intermediate accountant to join our enthusiastic team and provide exceptional accounting services to our clients. We are a well-established CPA firm located in beautiful North Vancouver.
Just like us, you are driven by excellence. You can see the big picture while understanding that it’s the little things that contribute to the quality of the work you present. You don’t wait around for work to come to you. You are the person who asks, “What can I do to help?” and then take action to ensure success. You are outgoing, proactive, and willing to put in some elbow grease to ensure the work gets done well, on time, and on budget.
Who We Are:
- We offer a flexible and supportive working environment with a commitment to work/life balance
- We have a culture of continuous learning, collaboration, and professional development
- We offer coaching, mentorship, and training to develop your professional career
- We are committed to excellence, integrity, and quality
- Team oriented
Who You Are:
- CPA or CPA student with at least two years of Canadian public practice experience
- Excellent knowledge of assurance, year-end working paper preparation, T1/T2 preparation
- Proficient in Caseware/view, Profile (or similar) and excel
- Skilled at meeting deadlines, multi-tasking, and prioritizing
- Possess meticulous organization skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Committed to creating and maintaining strong client relationships, ensuring their needs are met
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Familiarity with Quickbooks (online & desktop) and Sage would be an asset
What You Will Do:
- Prepare year-end financial statements and related working papers for review and compilation engagements
- Prepare corporate and personal income tax returns
- May be responsible for some full cycle bookkeeping: PST, GST, payroll, WCB, AP, AR, and bank reconciliations
- Obtain relevant work experience to obtain your CPA designation
Interviews will be set up as soon as qualified candidates have been identified, so if you are interested, please apply now.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations via email only to email@example.com.
**Please no phone calls or faxes**
Only those candidates selected will be notified.
Application deadline: November 19, 2021
Start date: January 2022
Job Type: Full-time